By Chris Dizon, Senior Accessibility Analyst
At New Editions, we believe designing and developing accessible information and communication technology should be a normal course of action. We pride ourselves on being Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 experts and leaders in the accessibility field. New Editions provides accessibility consulting and support services to our clients to help them gain the necessary knowledge and expertise to develop fully accessible products.
Often, accessibility is somewhat of an afterthought or even completely forgotten. That’s where we accessibility experts can help. Having accessibility tools and software available to help is great, but having an expert join your design team for a consultation or help to mature a small accessibility program can make all the difference in creating a sustainable and robust accessibility program.
What We Offer
New Editions is staffed with top-notch Section 508 subject matter experts and offers a wide variety of accessibility services that are tailored to the needs of our clients. Some of those services include:
- Testing (web, software, mobile applications, eLearning courses, documents, etc.)
- Remediation planning and assistance
- Accessibility Training (individual or group training)
- Accessibility program support services, such as Helpdesk or Technical Assistance
- Design support for current/future projects
- Accessibility implementation strategies
- Program maturity and scalability
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) creation
We believe accessibility should be considered, planned for, and implemented at the very beginning of a project’s life cycle. It is easier and more efficient in the long run to implement accessibility into products at the beginning stages instead of having to go back and make changes to the final products. Simply put, “shifting left” and baking in accessibility decreases costs and saves time and resources.